Friday, September 17, 2010

Major Update

It's 6am on a Friday morning.


I have no truly legitimate reason to be awake (besides the fact that starting Monday this will be my rising time 5 days a week) but here I am, blogging and ready to take on the day. There is much to report.

First up. I really meant to link up with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday, which I neglected to have time for. But I did take the pics, so I figured it's better late than never! I promise to be on time next week :)

Road Trip Ready





Shirt- Metro Park
Leggings- Victoria's Secret Pink
Flip Flops- J Crew Outlet
Purse- Vera Bradley 

Work Wear



- Pac Sun
Pants- Victoria's Secret
Flats- Aldo

More Work


Skirt- Forever 21
Sweater- NO idea
Ankle Boots- Charlotte Russe

A Day in Chicago



White Tank- Nordstrom Rack
Black Tank- J Crew Outlet
Pants- Victoria's Secret
Sandals- Target

Lunch and Shopping


Cardigan- American eagle
Blouse- Forever 21
White Tank- Nordstrom Rack
Shorts- Hollister

Lazy Day


Entire Outfit-Victoria's Secret. Had to display the fold-over. 
Love their yoga/pink collections. SO comfy :)

Charity Event



Dress- H&M
Shoes- Target. CUTEST EVER



Secondly, I got home from Chicago yesterday evening.


my favorite part of the drive. those things are so crazy.


The trip was unbelievable, as always. I got to spend some time alone with my Mom, which is rare, so that may have been the highlight. We did a little shopping and I was her date to some celebrity charity event, and we had a great time.






We also took my sisters to Navy Pier and The Field Museum. The weather was gorgeous and they really enjoyed themselves, which meant I also really enjoyed myself. It is so refreshing to see how happy and innocent and care free children are. Not that as an adult I'm not happy, because I am throughly fond of my life. It's just that I think after the world chews you up and spits you out a little bit, once you start to learn the way things really are, you lose something. Luckily, my girls still have that :)






I say my girls like they're my own. And I feel like they are. I used to hate the 10 and 12 year age gaps between my and my baby sisters but now, I love it. They look up to me, give me someone to be an example for. They will undoubtedly keep me young in years to come. Most importantly, I believe they have given me a glimpse into motherhood most to not get to experience before the time actually comes. I now kind of know how scary it is to be totally responsible for the care, bathing, feeding, changing, clothing and teaching of another human being. I also know how strong the love is that is created from that relationship, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.


packing lunches, playing mom



Enough of that.

My last thought on Chicago is that it may be time for me to move there. After this last year of school of course. I have been dying to get out of Ohio for a while now, and given my family's location and current career aspirations, it seems logical. Heck, it seems like the obvious choice. It seems like I'd have the time of my life. I will be seriously thinking on it over the next few months. I will also be looking for blogs of other students/YPs so if you know any good ones send them my way!


I also officially registered for Public Relations Student Society of America National Conference !!!!!!! I cannot put in words how excited I am. I will be making travel and lodging arrangements soon so more to come. There has been so much buzz on twitter from PRSSA kids all over the country surrounding this event, I cant wait to have new PR learning experiences, meet new people and discover a new city. DC may not be prepared.

I will post more details as I become aware of them. All I know is I have scrounged up the money, it's paid and I'm pumped.



WTF moment of the day. Woman Fakes Acid Attack? Are you kidding me?



Most Excitingly: 30 days of Truths


I saw this on a blog called The Fate of Amber who got it from Mom {Un}Done. I am seven days behind so I will answer the first 7 and go from there for the next few weeks.

While I hope one day this blog grows to focus a little more on my professional life, for now, exposing my thoughts and admitting some truths (if only to myself) is fun for now.

This is the complete list:


Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself


Like I said, I'm a week behind, so:

Day 1: Something I hate about myself.

I have an addictive personality. While it's sometimes helpful never giving up, more often than not it's detrimental. My obsessions with coffee and diet coke alone are enough to make me crazy. I also get obsessed with certain books or blogs or TV shows, and end up forgetting about the rest of the world. Not a good habit.

Day 2: Something I love about myself.

I love my inner self. It took a lot of hard work, mistakes and effort, but latley I have managed to maintain a consistent sense of self. I am happy with who I am, what I am doing, where I am going and the way I live my life. I am dealing with my regrets and working to improve my faults. I have 100% faith in myself, and I love it.

Day 3: Something I had to forgive myself for.

I had to forgive myself for not knowing what I was doing. That is basically what it boils down to. I put a lot of pressure on myself and I do not like admitting or dealing with the fact that I wasted so many opportunity in the past because I simply had no idea what I was doing, or how life worked.

Day 4: Something I had to forgive someone for.

I had to forgive God. I have been raised as a Christian, but there was a time when I doubted if there was a God. I couldn't believe that He would let such pain and hatred and horror go on in the world. I have now come to realize that there are so many other factors and perspectives contributing to the world and it's goings on. I still don't understand the turmoil of this planet. I do realize that to truly be a Christian you must just have faith. But I had to forgive God for letting me, us as a human race suffer.

Day 5: Something I hope to do in my life:

I hope to leave my mark on the world. There have been so many celebrities, authors, teachers and just people who have made a positive impact on my life. I will never forget many of them. I hope to one day be that for someone else.

Day 6: Something I hope to never have to do:

Lose someone I love in a disaster or too soon. I would absolutely die if a close friend or family member were to be victim of some horrible rare condition or crime or disaster. I will not elaborate, but that would be the worst. I don't think I could handle it.

Day 7: Someone who has made my life worth living.

I think we covered this earlier :) Paige and Brooke obviously. Sisters are a gift.



Can't wait for the rest of the questions!



Morning Reads/Views

Evolutionary Leftovers of the Human Body

Best TV Siblings

Six PR Tips, Walker Sands Blog

Jane Has a Job





I guess I will shut up now. I have MUCH to do for the upcoming week. Internship at Eisen starts Monday and school starts Wednesday! My very last first day of school ever! Well, at least until grad school...



More to come,




No comments:

Post a Comment